I'm not sure if this has been this way since the beginning but I've noticed that the UV readings are stuck at 251 and the light readings are stuck at 69,627. Looking at the MQTT messages all other values are changing but these are not.
Sorry, for some reason I didn't get an email notifying me of a reply.
I'm not running SkyWeather2 but instead using Home Assistant with some modified add-ons to pull in the data. I noticed in your test program the following command:
'/usr/local/bin/rtl_433', '-q', '-F', 'json', '-R', '146', '-R', '147', '-R', '148', '-R', '150', '-R', '151' I'm only checking protocol 146 and 147, are the UV and light sensors a different protocol that I need to check? I don't think so because switchdoclabs_FT020T.c includes all the readings so since I'm getting everything else I would think the communication is working correctly.
rtl_433 version -128-NOTFOUND branch master at 202104131855 inputs file rtl_tcp RTL-SDR
Use -h for usage help and see https://triq.org/ for documentation.
Trying conf file at "rtl_433.conf"...
Trying conf file at "/home/pi/.config/rtl_433/rtl_433.conf"...
Trying conf file at "/usr/local/etc/rtl_433/rtl_433.conf"...
Trying conf file at "/etc/rtl_433/rtl_433.conf"...
quiet option (-q) is default and deprecated. See -v to increase verbosity
Consider using "-M newmodel" to transition to new model keys. This will become the default someday. A table of changes and discussion is at https://github.com/merbanan/rtl_433/pull/986. Registered 5 out of 152 device decoding protocols [ 146-148 150-151 ]
Detached kernel driver Found Rafael Micro R820T tuner Exact sample rate is: 250000.000414 Hz [R82XX] PLL not locked! Sample rate set to 250000 S/s. Tuner gain set to Auto. Tuned to 433.920MHz.
So covering the solar panel was something I didn't do last time I pulled the batteries so the sensors probably didn't get reset like I initially thought. This did make a difference but I think something is still up with the sensors because as you can see after the reset the values again went to a max value before resetting itself.
It was reset at 10:30am and looked normal for until 12:56pm. At 3:07 is where you start to see the erratic readings and then since about 4:35pm yesterday afternoon the readings appear to be normal.
The unit has only been in service for about a month so it hasn't seen any bad weather. I'll watch it for a few days but I hesitate to mount this on my roof if the sensor is just going to act up again at some point.