- I have performed steps 1, 2 & 3; but there is no hotspot named "RPiHotspot". - I have unplugged Ethernet as well and tried again, but got the same result, (no end to scanning and no results, but not frozen). - I have tried going to desktop and adding bluetooth devices just to see if they show up. I saw 6/6 sensors this way, but cannot respond to the connection challenge, so they stop connecting.
Next I tried keeping the RPi offline, and set Bluetooth to "Make Discoverable", launched scanBluetooth.py, and "Added a Device" from the Desktop. The desktop portion errored out the same as before, but scanBluetooth.py connected and registered the sensors. They are now showing up. I will assign them to an extender, test them, then update this thread.
I had actually saved the new sensor because I hadn't unpackaged it yet. I reconnected to the network and did the same routine; it worked while both wifi and ethernet were live. I still can't get any data from it though.
Hello, I shut down and restarted SG3Configure, but no change. Then I rebooted and tried again, but it still won't take the assignment using the GUI. When I go into phpMyAdmin, I am seeing them in the BluetoothSensors table. The BluetoothSensorData table is empty. Thank you, ~S
I can manually enter the Extender ID number into AssignedWirelessID. That sort of worked. I have empty data rows in the Dash App on the BT Temp / Moisture Tab, and the Status tab shows that they exist, but aren't reporting. I think I need the python portion pull the data in.
I've tried shutting down and restarting SG3Configure, rebooted the machine, found them using the Raspbian GUI's bluetooth scanner, and tried pairing them using the CLI, but to no avail.
I have had no luck using scanBlutooth, testBluetooth, SG3Configure or testSG3System. At one point they all showed up in SG3's dash using Raspbian's GUI (see previous post), and using phpMyAdmin, I was able to assign them to one of the extenders, but there is no data coming from them.
Using CLI, I've been able to trust and connect to them, but I can't get them to pair; I get an AuthenticationError immediately.
Checking bluetooth status:
sudo systemctl status bluetooth service Unit service.service could not be found. ● bluetooth.service - Bluetooth service Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/bluetooth.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled) Active: active (running) since Tue 2022-03-22 20:17:24 PDT; 1 day 10h ago Docs: man:bluetoothd(8) Main PID: 703 (bluetoothd) Status: "Running" Tasks: 1 (limit: 4915) CGroup: /system.slice/bluetooth.service └─703 /usr/lib/bluetooth/bluetoothd
Mar 22 20:17:25 SwitchDocLabs bluetoothd: sap-server: Operation not permitted (1) Mar 22 20:17:26 SwitchDocLabs bluetoothd: Endpoint registered: sender=:1.18 path=/org/bluez/hci0/A2DP/SBC/Source/1 Mar 22 20:17:26 SwitchDocLabs bluetoothd: Endpoint registered: sender=:1.18 path=/org/bluez/hci0/A2DP/SBC/Source/2 Mar 22 20:17:26 SwitchDocLabs bluetoothd: Failed to set privacy: Rejected (0x0b) Mar 22 21:45:10 SwitchDocLabs bluetoothd: No cache for MAC1 Mar 22 22:53:03 SwitchDocLabs bluetoothd: No cache for MAC2 Mar 22 22:53:52 SwitchDocLabs bluetoothd: No cache for MAC3 Mar 22 22:54:05 SwitchDocLabs bluetoothd: No cache for MAC4 Mar 22 23:05:14 SwitchDocLabs bluetoothd: No cache for MAC5 Mar 22 23:05:26 SwitchDocLabs bluetoothd: No cache for MAC6