State is restored after a reboot of an extender - recovery time of about 20 seconds. In V058, Timed events Daily, work perfectly. Other intervals will pick up correctly on the first time it is run during the day. V059 will fix those intervals.
Controlled events (like on a Bluetooth Moisture Sensor) will reset on the next BT scan.
Woo hoo!! I am testing now. Last night I ran the extender upgrade on both extenders (already up-to-date), and "sudo git pull" from the SmartGarden3 directory (upgrade happened), then rebooted everything.
One note, twice in the middle of the night, the lights turned on. I had to turn them off manually. I will see if it does that again tonight.
YOU DID IT!!! IT WORKS! The lights went on at 6 am as planned, and normally they will turn off by 8 am at the latest. The air pump turned on at 5 am, and the water has been running for 30 sec every 15 minutes; all as planned, but those hadn't had a problem. Today, I was messing with things near the cord at 8:45am (it had been stable until that point), then there was an extender reboot. Only the "hydro extender" reset (11 btSensors attached), the "soil extender" stayed on, (15 btSensors attached). I can't tell if it was coincidental timing or I had bumped a plug; but reason irrespective, the lights turned themselves back on within the 20 sec you had mentioned! I will keep tabs today/tonight to make sure that everything else is copacetic, and report back tomorrow evening. THANK YOU!! ~S
So the lights are working very well aside from turning on several times per night. I wouldn't mind terribly, except that it lights up the whole house and wakes everyone up, and for some plants the broken dark cycle will cause hermaphrodism, destroy the auxin buildup overnight stunting growth, or even confuse the cell identity at the shoot apical meristem.. I can unplug the light at night and plug it back in the following morning, but that defeats the purpose of the automation. Is there a way to make it stay off during dark hours? Thank you, ~S
Here is a preview of the blog. To give you an idea of pacing; this represents a couple of hours of work today. I've been taking pics along the way, and have some others in mind. I also have some of the hydro and outdoor gardens in various stages of assembly and plant growth. The writing is still in skeletal form, so you can see what my progression will be, but the detail is still missing.
I will break it up into different blogs by procedure or topic, so that it is easy to search procedures and "plant info and advice" among it all.
I didn't want to start on it until I had a good idea what I wanted to put in it, and I was almost done with the build so that I could release the whole thing at once along with some "What I did" advice on moisture level thresholds calculation, since it is comprised of several semi-quantifiable factors.
Once completed, I will likely make a csv of my "plant db" so that others can make use of it as well. The columns in myPlantsTbl are avbbout to change entirely, as will many others before I am through. But this is as skeleton as well. You can see many entries in plantsListTbl already.
It looks like a software reset, but I don't know why. I am seeing that it is trying to email/text "moisture alerts" seconds before it goes down every time. I'll remove both options today, verify the problem state, then add them back one-at-a-time to see if there is any change. I'll post the results.
Let me know if there is anything I can try here or send you.