I've been running the WeatherRack2/FT-020T since the kickstarter completed and it's been working pretty flawlessly. However, recently I've noticed that the 20T has been a bit flaky. I know that's an almost useless diagnostic. It seemed to resolve itself though.
Note: The entire time, the F016THs that I ordered during the kickstarter have been working just fine.
Today, the pi doesn't see the 20T at all. I've reset it. I've changed the batteries. Note: these are alkaline batteries but I have non-rechargeable lithium AAs on the way.
I moved the Pi to a location that's closer to the 20T to make sure it's not a distance problem. It's a clear line of sight, no obstructions.
To remove any of my custom code as a factor, I'm running rtl_433 from the command line look for any sign of life from the 20T. This has worked fine in the past and works for the 16THs as well. Note: I'm using the Pi image published by SwitchDoc.
Any thoughts on other things I can do to troubleshoot the WeatherRack2?
TL;DR Moved the Pi much closer (~30 feet) and it started picking up the WeatherRack2 again. I think I was just lucky it was working before.
I went back and reviewed the technical docs and went through the radio reception section. I moved the pi and antenna again; this time it's about 30 feet away from the WeatherRack2 and I'm now seeing data from the station.
Even though my previous location was clear of any nearby noise, I think it was _just_ on the edge of distance limits and I just lucky that it was working.
I'm changing my strategy: I've been monitoring two different 16THs in two different locations plus the FT020T from a single Pi that pushes weather data to MQTT for consumption by HomeAssistant (and other subscribers). I've ordered a second SDR/Antenna from the store here and will update my code to monitor and publish the garage sensors and use my existing pi/sdr/antenna to handle the house sensors and WeatherRack2.
Thanks again for replying. I've really enjoyed tinkering with the WeatherRack2.