I have managed to get the RasPiConnectServer installed and running on my Raspberry Pi.
I have a few questions!!
In your "Getting Started" guide section "Testing the RasPiConnect App", Step 5 says "On the initial Demo page, go to the Panel Setup Tab and change the "Server Status" control to point to your added System URL". Can you tell me where this is? I can not find it!!
How do I stop the server on the raspberry pi?
Is it normal to get a bunch of ""HTTP/1.1 GET /favicon.ico" - 405 Method Not Allowed" messages on the rasperry pi when the server is running?
How can I get a sample working screen and raspberry pi program to try this out?
How do I make my own screens other than the demo screen?
1) Look at the demo page on RasPiConnect as it comes up (or if you have deleted it, load it again into RasPiConnect from the load button on the Panel Setup page).
The Server Status Controls are on the lower right part of the screen. One labeled Green House and Living room. Change one of those to point to your Raspberry Pi.
2) You stop the server by killing the process. do the following
ps xaf | grep python
Look for the process number of the RasPiConnect server
sudo kill -9 <whatever the process id is with out the "<" ">" >
sudo kill -9 3444
3) No it is not normal. Not sure where those are coming from. Are you exposed to the Internet? I would suggest not using port 80.
4) The sample working screen can be hooked up to the demo server by pointing the URLs of the individual controls to your server. Try doing one control at a time and testing it. In the manual the process for installing your own controls is explained. As is setting up the default RasPiConnect server.
5) Use the Panel Setup screen as described in the manual to setup your own screen. Go to the second page.
Is there some sort of tutorial available that would take me through the process of creating just one push button on the RaspiConnect screen and then creating the corresponding python code on the Raspberry Pi to make it work, say turn on one of the GPIO pins?
The same sort of thing for an indicator on RaspiConnect being driven by a switch on one of the Raspberry Pi GPIO pins?